News & Events
- Cryptosporidium and Your Water
- TVWD’s Rate Advisory Committee
- Willamette Water Supply Pipeline Construction Begins
- TVWD Board of Commissioners Adopts New Water Rates and Fees
- Bernice Bagnall Appointed to TVWD Board of Commissioners
- Lead Forum Video Now Available
- Lead And TVWD's Water
- Alert Regarding Water Line Insurance
- Don't Be Fooled By Water Employee Imposters
- Events Calendar
TVWD’s Rate Advisory Committee
On July 20, 2016, the TVWD Board of Commissioners appointed 15 volunteer members to the District's new Rate Advisory Committee (RAC). The RAC is a special, limited duration committee that is meeting monthly through 2016 as part of an ongoing water rate study. Its purpose is to advise the Board on a number of important financial and policy issues, including water rate affordability and multi-year rate increases. The RAC's charge is separate from the responsibilities of the District's Budget Committee.
The RAC's primary focus is:
- Discuss affordability of water rates in the face of future rate increases.
- Assist the District in defining criteria for affordability.
- Serve as a sounding board for the project team working on the study.
- Explore and seek positive outcomes, drawing on the experience of all committee members.
- Report in an advisory capacity to District Board of Commissioners.
The 15-member committee is comprised of a wide range of District customers and stakeholders, including residential customers, property managers, business interests and social services providers.
The RAC meets from 6 - 8 p.m. the first Wednesday of every month in the Board Room at TVWD, 1850 SW 170th Ave., Beaverton. Meetings are open to the public.
TVWD is in the midst of a series of ongoing rate increases to fund significant water system improvements that provide additional capacity, reliability and seismic resiliency for customers. The RAC is meeting monthly through the end of the year to examine options that address water rate affordability for District customers with limited financial means. The Board of Commissioners will consider recommendations from this committee when adopting future water rates.
Meeting Summary and Materials
Meeting Materials (All materials PDF unless otherwise noted)
August 10, 2016 RAC meeting
|September 14, 2016 RAC meeting|
|October 5, 2016 RAC meeting|
|November 2, 2016 RAC meeting||
|December 7, 2016 RAC meeting|
|January 18, 2017 Board of Commissioners meeting - Final Recommendations||
HDR Board Presentation
RAC Summary Recommendations Presentation
RAC Summary Recommendations
For more information:
Questions about the RAC? Email TVWD or call 503-848-3012.