News & Events
- TVWD’s Backflow Assembly Tester Contract is now open to qualified backflow assembly testing companies
- Public Invited to Participate in TVWD’s Budget Process
- 21st Annual Kids Conservation Calendar Contest
- Don't Be Fooled By Water Employee Imposters
- Cryptosporidium and Your Water
- TVWD’s Rate Advisory Committee
- Willamette Water Supply Pipeline Construction Begins
- TVWD Board of Commissioners Adopts New Water Rates and Fees
- Bernice Bagnall Appointed to TVWD Board of Commissioners
- Lead Forum Video Now Available
- Lead And TVWD's Water
- Alert Regarding Water Line Insurance
- Events Calendar
Bernice Bagnall Appointed to TVWD Board of Commissioners
Bernice Bagnall has been appointed to serve on the TVWD Board of
Commissioners. The appointment of Bagnall was made by the TVWD
Board during the September 21 monthly Board meeting. Bagnall's
appointment fills the Board vacancy created by retiring
Commissioner Marilyn McWilliams, whose term officially ends on June
A 40-year resident and customer of the District, Bagnall has an extensive background in public and private utility financial planning, with a specific focus on rates and oversight. Her 30-year career in utility finance and economics included employment with Pacific Power and Light Co., City of Portland and Clean Water Services. Bagnall retired in 2011 as the Chief Financial Officer for TVWD.
Bagnall also brings to the District an impressive history of leadership in the public sector and water industry, including past board and committee positions with the Oregon Government Finance Officers Association, Oregon Municipal Debt Advisory Commission, American Water Works Association Rates and Charges Committee and the Association of Clean Water Agencies Finance Committee.
"Bernice's background in utility rates, budgeting and financial management are all topics that we believe will be especially important to the District in the months and years ahead," said Dick Schmidt, President of the Board of Commissioners. "We are pleased to welcome her to the Board. There is a lot of work ahead of us."
"I'm very excited about this opportunity," noted Bagnall. "I believe that providing exceptional value and principled long-range planning for customers will help build understanding and trust. I look forward to doing my part as a volunteer on the Board of Commissioners."