Builders & Developers
For Multi-Lot & Commercial Development
Steps To Secure Water Service For Multi-Lot & Commercial Developments
Are you a developer who needs water service for a multi-lot development or commercial development? Steps you need to take include:
- Submit 3 sets of plans/drawings (1 full set of your plans and drawings and 2 partial sets of the water sheets only and the detail sheets), along with the Plan Review Fee (PDF). Please note that TVWD staff will NOT review the plans until TVWD is in receipt of the plan review fee.
- Please allow TVWD up to 4 weeks to review the submitted plans. Note that after review, you may need to resubmit your plans addressing questions or comments by the TVWD Engineering Department.
- The Developer is responsible for constructing the water line serving the development, if required.
- The Developer must make a deposit for the water service installation between the water main and the meter box for each dwelling before the street is paved. This advance service deposit (ASD) is credited toward the cost of installing the water service as described above by TVWD staff. The Developer/Builder is responsible for the line between the meter and the house.
- When needed, purchase the water
Additional Steps for Commercial Projects
- The Developer for a commercial project is responsible for constructing the water line(s) and other water related facilities, including a double check valve assembly on the potable water line after the meter, and a backflow vault complete with a double check detector assembly on the fire line.
- Purchase of a water meter 2" and larger will require the preparation and signing of a contract for the purchase of the meter and payment of the installation system development charge. The agreement will require a legal description of the property requiring water service.
For questions or more information, call (503) 642-1511 or contact our Engineering Department.